Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Mirrorless 20.3 Megapixel Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body Only (Silver) (PA258ELAA67ATPSGAMZ-12455622)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 4K Wi-Fi Digital Camera (Black) with 64GB Card + Case + Flash + Battery + Tripod + Kit
Olympus 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 EZ Interchangeable Lens for Olympus/Panasonic Micro 4/3 Digital Camera (Silver) - International Version (No Warranty)
Panasonic is an electronic giant that arose from a desire that got transformed into a product. Konosuke Matsushita was the founder of this company. He was born in 1894 and was an entrepreneur from an early age. Panasonic launched in 1918 and formed a union of the employees in 1920.
The company invented a battery-powered lamp for bicycles in 1923 and another in 1927. Its radio manufacture began in 1931 while television trials began in 1939. In addition, the company assumed the name ‘Panasonic Corporation’ in 2008 and made Sanyo Electric Company a subsidiary in 2009.
Panasonic has brought about numerous innovations. It has created a number of products which have received international recognition. Its ingenuity has enhanced entertainment in flights. They also program, monitor and service planes. Moreover, they organise to replace parts in between flights. They also have a weather predicting solution for planes. Car entertainment is another area where Panasonic touches.
The following are some of the awards presented to Panasonic for its creativity:
- CNet Asia Editor’s Choice award for its Lumix DMCLX3 camera and their television Viera TH-50PY850
- The 2008 European Imaging and Sound Association’s Best Product honour for Viera
- Hardware Mag’s Gold honour for three of its cameras
- Smart Photography’s Best Advanced Compact Camera of 2009 and Most Prestigious Camera of the Year
- The Better Photography’s Innovation of the Year 2008 award
- Technical Image Press Association imaging award in Europe
- The Digital Imaging Websites Association Gold award and HWM Platinum award for its high-definition cameras
Panasonic is a leader in consumer electronics. It services the home and the entertainment industry. It has a number of appliances used in the home such as juicers, fridge-freezers, microwaves, lighting accessories, bread-makers, laundry equipment and other kitchen appliances.
Panasonic also has home phones and home entertainment devices that include: Blu-ray, DVD, headphones, wireless speakers, home cinema systems and sound bars. Its cameras and camcorders have further positioned the company in the market with brands such as Lumix digital cameras, Lumix G compact system cameras, Lumix G lenses, SD cards, and camera and camcorder accessories.